After reading and discussing in individual classes, create small discussion groups combining students from both classes. Groups can connect for discussion virtually and share their thinking via text-based discussion boards or by uploading video responses. Provide a few broad questions such as:
- What did you like about this book?
- What is this book trying to say? What is the key message or big idea?
- How does the author help you understand their message?
- What words stand out to you?
- Why is this message important? What would say to recommend this book to someone who hasn’t read it?
- What do you know and understand now that you didn’t before you read this book?
- Whose ideas are presented in this book? Who else might have ideas about this topic? What would they say?