Ask students to identify the major conflicts that occur in the story. Use prompts to help them think about their role in the plot:
- How does each conflict impact the rest of the plot?
- What specific events highlight these conflicts?
- If any of these events happened differently, how would the plot have changed?
- How do the perspectives of various characters differ on these conflicts?
- Which conflicts are resolved? How? Which conflicts remain unresolved? Why?
- To whom are the resolutions satisfying? Why?
- Who is not satisfied by the resolutions? Why?